Thursday 21 December 2017

Happy Holidays Series | Dimensional Goody Bag ft. Lawn Fawn "Goodie Bag" Die

Hi everyone, thank you for stopping by. I hope you're having a great day.

For each seasonal series, I like to include a couple "not cards", generally a tag and a goody bag. I've already done the tag (which you can see here), today I have the goody bag or gift card holder - it will work for either. I wanted to kick it up a notch this time around, so I made a windowed goody bag with a dimensional scene.

To begin, I used the "Goodie Bag" die and cut a piece of kraft cardstock twice to form the bag. I then cut just the front panel of it again from a piece of "Perfectly Plaid - Chill" patterned paper. I then used the outside stitched rectangle to cut a window from the patterned paper and one of the kraft panels.

Using super strong tape, I adhered the patterned paper panel to the kraft panel. I used the "Stitched Hillside Border" dies to cut some snowbanks from 110lb white cardstock and trimmed them down to the width of my bag, adhering one to the outside of the bag to give even more dimension.

On a scrap of 110lb Copic-friendly cardstock I stamped two trees and the Sasquatch from "Lovable Legends" with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut them out using the Brother 2 Scan N Cut, then coloured them with Copics. 

For the inside back panel of my scene I sponged Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and a bit of Faded Jeans Distress Inks to create a sky making it the darkest at the top. I used the Distress Sprayer to spritz on some water and give it a splattered look.

Once all my pieces were dry, I adhered some sparkling snowflakes that were left over from another project to be stars in the sky.

To get the dimensional snow, I used a Marvy Snow Marker to add snow to the trees and the tops of the hillsides. I've found the best way to use this marker is to press it down on an acrylic block and use a small cheap paintbrush to add it where I want it. I cannot control the flow from the marker directly and I have ruined more than one project trying to apply it directly - lesson learned.

I adhered a piece of acetate to the inside of my window and assembled my whole scene before securing it to the bottom of the bag. I used two layers of foam tape around the edges of the window and pressed the scene into place. Only when I was satisfied with its position did I finish assembling the bag.

This took a bit of time to put together, I recommend folding the bag together to see where all the pieces need to go without adhesive or with a repositionable adhesive before bonding it permanently. The end results are well worth the potential frustration, and with a bit of time and patience these can come together relatively quickly.

To finish off the bag, I adhered a few more sparkling snowflakes to the outside and used coordinating ribbon and baker's twine for the bow at the top. I didn't actually have mini bells, but I had brads that were bells, so I clipped off one of the pokey things and curled the other, then used some invisible thread and a needle to tie them into place.

I'm excited to create more of these for the seasons to come, but I'll definitely be saving them for those special friends who will treasure the bag as well as the gift inside.

I hope you like today's post and are inspired to create something of your own. If you haven't already, please follow me on the right side bar or over on Facebook, so you don't miss any future posts. Drop me a line in the comments section below and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.