Hi everyone, thank you for stopping by. I hope you're having a great day.
Okay, first off just let me say OMG! I LOVE this die set. I think I have all of the interactive dies from Lawn Fawn and this one is by far my most favourite (and not just because it's new!), it is super easy to use and you get a huge bang for your buck - so to speak.
If you haven't watched the video by Kelly, then you should head on over and do that (here's the link, I'm not affiliated, I just think they are amazing). This is one of those dies that lets you tell a little story to your recipient along with giving them a card, which is pretty amazing if you ask me. You also get double the space without a whole bunch of bulk and that is always a good thing.
To make this card I stamped this adorable bear and butterfly from the "Butterfly Kisses" stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on 110lb Copic-friendly paper and coloured them with Copic markers. I then masked them off and used Cracked Pistachio Distress ink along with my new blending brushes (dollar store FTW) to create my grass. I then used my homemade cloud stencil along with Tumbled Glass Distress ink for my sky.
For the second part of my scene, I started by stamping the butterfly, masking him then stamping the bear and colouring them the same as in the first picture.
Once all my images were stamped and stenciled I used the "Magic Picture Changer" die set to get all the pieces I needed for my mechanism.
There's a couple of things I want to mention:
- I use 110lb paper, it's really hard to fold on the score lines along the edges when you use that thick cardstock, but I haven't found an 80lb that I like along with my Copics, so as it stands, this is something I'm just going to have to take a bit of extra time with. It definitely (and obviously) can be done, it's just not super easy.
- Use a powder tool. I thought I could try getting away without using one (I like to learn things for myself... LOL) and I was most definitely wrong. A powder tool or even a soft paintbrush with kitchen flour will be your best friend when making these cards. And be liberal. Like REALLY liberal with it. Get that stuff everywhere.
I used the largest of the Large Stitched Rectangle dies to cut a piece of the green Gotta Have Gingham paper to cover my A2 card base. I cut the frame and the pull tab from a piece of the pinkish paper from the same pack.
I mounted my Picture Changer mechanism to the front of my card with foam mounting tape (more dollar store FTW) and pressed it down firmly.
To finish off the card I used some clear Wink of Stella on the butterfly in each phase of the picture, making sure to let it dry before moving the slider. I also used Ranger's Multi Media Medium Matte to adhere some sequins from my stash, because I gotta have me some sparkle.